Sunday, October 30, 2005

An actual post

It might just be my ripe old age of 20, but it seems to me as if it is colder than normal in Vancouver for this time of year. With all the global warming going around, you'd hope that the weather would get a bit warmer here. On a related note, Canada is the place to be a property owner; at this rate, a hundred years from now Vancouver will be prime tropical beachfront. You think California is nice, but it will be a scorching desert. And that arctic tundra? A century from now that will be an environmental paradise. So, I guess my point is...why do so many Americans seem so unconcerned with global warming? Are they all planning on moving to Alaska?
On a more serious note, all this environmental stuff is getting way out of hand. I can see why people in their latter years might be inclined to ignore global issues in favour of more immediate gratification, but for my generation...these are issues that will have real consequences during our lifetime. Will I grow old in a world where fresh air is a relic of the past? I do have one request though: if we are going to turn the world into a toxic hell, can we at least make it similar to the world in Miyazaki's Nausicaa? Because frankly, that flying contraption Nausicaa uses is awsome.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It's definitely been rainier lately, and I guess it's been warmer. I can't really tell since I've always got the A/C running in my very large SUV. I'll tell you what it is about global warming, though... It's those gosh darn cows!

5:37 PM  
Blogger Jordan said...

Bovine fiends! Let no one say that I did not warn of their dire insurrection.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

I blame Jesus.

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home